Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Quote from Libba Bray

I just finished reading "A Great and Terrible Beauty," and at the end there was a conversation with Libba Bray, the author. And she wrote this quote, which I find very interesting:
"My advice to aspiring writers is pretty straightforward: (1) Read everything. Read what interests and moves you. Read what challenges you. Read foro pleasure. Read for craft. Read instead of watching reality TV. Just read. It just might change your life. I know it has mine. (2) Live your life. Writing's all about that, anyway. And no one's living your life, seeing things the way you see them, but you. You are unique, and thi sis a beautiful, beautiful thing, grasshopper. (3) You can write about anything you want, just don't lie. (4) Have fun, for heaven's sake! It's not brain surgery. You won't kill anyone if you choose the wrong words. You can just fix 'em later. writing is power. You are in control of it. You are able to say whatever you need to say, long to say, must say. And that is an amazing feeling."
I just thought I'd share that with everyone, especially the other Whimsical Writers. Anyway...I'm off to figure out more of this site. Later!!!
Serena

No comments: